Thursday, March 11, 2010

Rite of Passage



I look forward to milestones like this one. Josh finally got his chance to race in the Pinewood Derby tonight. He and Erik worked hard on the car and took home 3rd Place overall - I was so proud of him! He was totally content with third place and had a great attitude about the whole thing. I am tearing up a little while writing this - I am lucky to have Josh. He has been such an even tempered, funny and nice kid. While at his school yesterday, one of the third grade teachers came up to me and said, "I love having Josh in my science class. I feel like he is the only one who "gets" my sense of humor." I have actually heard that from other teachers in the past and it is my FAVORITE compliment about him. He has such wit about him and can hang with the big kids. I love it!




I may as well throw in some pics of this little angel as well. She had her first dance performance last week and was not a bit shy. I had a hard time seeing her because she is so small, but was so proud of her as well.






Ali deserves her own post, and will get it as soon as I remember to bring my camera to her next event.

4 comments:

Randi said...

That is so weird, Jackson just asked me today when his pine wood derby was because he wanted to go...(I don't know why?).

Bryan Crew said...

How hard are those scout patches to sew on?!!! (That's a statement, not a question.) I'm barely getting the hang of it- one year later.

Bryan Crew said...

ps- I don't know how to get a message to Elisa, so I'll post it here. It was pretty cool to see that picture of her and her daughter in the Ensign this past month. My favorite memory of Elisa is her hottie rendition of "Santa Baby" at the high school Christmas assembly.

Rass said...

I have gotten so many comments about that Ensign!! That was actually the second time her daughter was in it - I guess She lives in the right place.