Saturday, March 06, 2010

"Cats in the Cradle"


My favorite TV show of all time has to be 48 Hours Mystery. I love to lay in my bed on Saturday night with some popcorn and see who the next victim will be. The thing that I love most is that the show focuses on Real People, Real Drama, Real Mystery. The people featured always seem so normal - everyday Joe kind of people.

The show starts off by showcasing the ideal American family, and slowly shows you these people really are. As Erik was trying to figure out how to upload a picture of our precious cat to Facebook, I was joking with him about about the episode that may one day feature our story.

"Their love story could have been ripped right from a storybook, high school sweethearts living the American dream. Three beautiful children eventually brought laughter to their average, middle class home. But behind closed doors - Transams, expensive hamburgers and a uncontrolled appetite for Cat Fancy Magazine was tearing this picture-perfect family apart."

There will be friends claiming they "never knew" what was really going on. "They never seemed very happy, but we thought that was normal," one neighbor will say. Erik will be filming from the neck up as not to give away his orange jumpsuit - which can really RUIN an episode.

In the end, this average American family will have entertained the pathetic viewers of my favorite show.

4 comments:

Randi said...

Sportsy with the candle stick in the observatory? That darn cat! I'll be watching for him on lol kitty, or America's most wanted.

suzy said...

Oh my goodness, you could be a writer for the show. I could totally picture his voice saying your words while I was reading them. Haha.... what's up with the expensive hamburgers though? I thought Erik didn't like any of those expensive hamburger places or does he just like to give Joey a hard time? Why didn't we throw sportsy in the family picture?

Rass said...

Because she will never be a part of our family. I could be thrown in jail for child abuse if she became one of my kids. Erik ate at 5 Guys last night for the first time. Very disappointing.

Sara said...

I knew I loved you! That is my favorite show too! I get giddy on Saturday night when they show 2 episodes in a row. Ivan won't watch it with me so I lock myself in my room and watch the disturbing mystery by myself.