Saturday, February 20, 2010

It was like being back in Hawaii - almost



I just got back from my first Young Women's overnight activity and I am surprisingly rested. I dread these things not because I don't love the girls, but because I hate being away from my own bed. I had a great time with the girls and my fellow leaders and think I am starting to get into my calling a little more after such a great weekend of bonding. I spent 99% of my time inside the warm cabin but loved watching these sweet girls interact with eachother. They are great friends and very kind hearted.

Anyway, I always try to find something funny in a situation I can share on this blog and this one hit me ten minutes after we arrived. Can someone please explain to me the fascination mormons have with the Hawaiian haystack??? If I made this meal for Erik he would pack his suitcase and leave me. All those random foods globbed on top of eachother would drive him away. I hope I am not offending anyone with this, but if I were a Hawaiian farmer I would be offended.

I should really be getting offers from Food and Wine Magazine by now - I am practically a food critic.

No comments: