Friday, January 01, 2010

Reunion

Today . . .


15 short years earlier . . .

One great thing about the holidays is that there is usually an old friend in town visiting family. I haven't seen Roz in about 7 years and was soooo happy that we got to catch up. Amber lives in my hometown but for some reason (including my terrible friendship skills) we haven't seen each other in a while either.

The thing I love the most is the comfort you feel when you are with true friends. No matter how long you are separated their is never a lull in the conversation - no awkward silences. We laughed and learned about new things happening and promised to see each other again at our 20 year reunion - ( I am totally not going.)

The one thing I have to mention - having lunch with Davis girls truly is like going back in time. They both look exactly the same as they did in high school. Literally neither one has gained an ounce. I thought everyone was suppose to get fat and wrinkly after 30!! Oh well, I guess I will just have to try harder to fit in.

To prove my point I have added a photo from high school. Don't you think they've aged well? PS - at the moment this picture was being taken the photographer was saying to Erik, "On your toes George. On your toes." What was Erik thinking dating such a tall drink of water? PPS - I would love to know what happened to that random date of Amber's. Remember how he forgot to wear socks?

7 comments:

suzy said...

You look really tan in that picture. The "today" one. Erik's hair is pretty tall, I don't think he needed to get on his toes. Seriously that is a lot of hair.

Rass said...

He's holding on to it pretty well. I thought for sure he would be bald by now.

Rosalyn said...

I am so glad we got together. It was a lot of fun. I totally remember Amber's date. Who was he anyway? By the way, I totally look like a "whitey" (sp) in the "today" picture. That is what you get for spending a year in a state where the sun never shines. Maybe we can get together in again....say....2017???

aimee said...

I'm sorry I missed the reunion - what a cool bunch of girls! I am fat and weird-looking right now (thanks a lot baby girl!), so maybe it was my Christmas present that I didn't have to line up with all you pretty ladies.

The Nielson's said...

Thanks for picking the pic with my random date. I could give you more details about him, but you'd be weirded out. Lunch was fun! Always great to be with old friends....and Kelly, you're going to the 20 year reunion.

Bryan Crew said...

You all look even cuter, now- seriously. I like how Roz, Aimee, and Kelly have the same hair up-do in the earlier pic. Where did you all go out to eat there in Price. I don't recognize the background.
ps- Josh sounds really funny. I bet he's a good time to be around.

Rass said...

We all had Amber's mom do our hair before the dance. I remember crying because I hated mine. We were at Wingers in the pic. We finally have a new restaurant!