Wednesday, January 06, 2010

2010



I love that it is finally 2010. When I was a kid I always imagined 2010 as a year I might never see - it seemed SOOOO far away! I imagined my super skinny self in a flying car in a Jetson-like world. My whole perception of the future was based on the Jetsons back then.

In 2010 I will get to celebrate 10 years of marriage and hopefully a lot of other great things. It is going to be a year of big changes for our family, but I know that it will be a great year. I can forget about the flying cars for now, but if I don't have one by 2020 I am going to get very upset.

We had a boring New Year's Eve - not even a picture to mark the occasion - and a pretty quiet holiday break. The kids just played, relaxed and stayed up late. Highlights included: Christmas Eve with friends instead of Family, a trip for Ali and I to the Nutcracker with Grandma Rass, Claire officially became a Sunbeam and thank goodness Rush recovered quickly. Add a few trips to S.L. and a LOT of eating and you have our holiday.



I have to mention the few opportunities I have had to take care of Bo while Randi has worked. It has kind of answered a prayer for me - Josh has begged me for a brother and we have been wishing for a way to make it happen, but this little guy gives us just the right amount of baby. I don't see him all the time, but it reminds me of how hard it was to be a mom of a baby. My kids love him and think that I am going to steal him.



With all of these great experiences with my kids last month, I have to bring myself back to reality and share with you yet another way I have failed as a mom. I am REALLY bad at teaching my kids how to eat healthy and get on Josh a little because he is such a junk food junkie, but I realized how bad it was the other night when he came home from basketball practice.
He said," I have been running all night, I need to burn off all this exercise with some food."

Wow. how did I screw that one up? 2010 New Year's Resolution: Figure out how to NOT mess my kids up!

7 comments:

Randi said...

I'll start bringing him over more. He likes sleep overs with Claire.

suzy said...

You look really pretty in that picture. You have nice teeth.

Rass said...

By nice do you mean really big?

Elisa said...

He does look so much like Josh! No wonder it was love at first sight.

Danny K. said...

"I have been running all night, I need to burn off all this exercise with some food." You need to send that quote directly to the writers at 30 Rock. That could come straight from Liz Lemon's or Tracy Jordan's mouth.

Rass said...

That will make Josh so happy! Tracy is is idol! I'm totally kidding - I am not that bad a mom.

Kamie said...

Love the exercise line Josh! Kelly, you are a good mom whether you believe it or not :)