
I have had a lot of down time this weekend which is NOT good. Too much time to think about the important things in life - like what should I give as neighbor gifts this year?
I have the BEST neighborhood in the world. People start coming around pretty early and it doesn't stop till Christmas. I have already received a few awesome "treats." I am starting to feel the pressure to make something people will not throw in the garbage.
So I am asking for some feedback. I don't normally get a lot of comments on this blog, but I figured if I ask a question I might! I have three ideas for gifts but am not sure what people like to get. I have three choices to offer up and I have to tell you that I do all three of these things very well. They would each be totally homemade from scratch and will taste delicious. If you leave me a helpful comment I will be sure to deliver a treat to you.

#1 - The Old Standby
Homeade wrapped caramels, dipped pretzels, peppermint bark, english toffee.

#2 - Not too Sweet
Homeade rolls with honey butter (my moms PERFECT recipe)

#3 - Happy Medium
Pioneer Woman's Cinnamon Rolls - Yummmmy
VOTE!

15 comments:
I will expect all three thank you very much. Do you need a reason to bring all three to me? Here's a good one, I will be utterly alone on Christmas Eve. No pitter patter of little feet, no Nativity where the people are played by children dressed in nightgowns or with sheets on their heads, no stockings, no reindeer food, no santa. By the way, I have been the worst sister-in-law ever, but I remember how I felt after surgery and I didn't want people coming to see me. Anyway, how are you feeling?
This counts as a non-helpful comment. You are not a bad sister in law! I am all alone and I can't eat anything. It's kinda nice with no distractions!
I think rolls, you alwyas get a lot of sweets at christmas. But if you want to, I live right around the corner and all three would be nice:) Bo likes all three.
I will take any of the three, but the 1st one is my ultimate favorite. hint hint. How are you feeling?
Sugar Cookies
These comments suck!!!
I pick rolls with honey butter. I can't wait to see your smiling face at my door. I will be in price Dec 23 if you would rather deliver them to me at my mom's house. I will be leaving the morning of the 24th so your window period is small. I hate that you get things removed from your body making you smaller...as I grow larger and larger. How are you feeling anyway? Did you get the meal I made for you? I bet it was good!
I don't think you can go wrong here. Since all would be things I would love to get, I say make the cheapest and easiest one.
I agree with Shauntel, the sugar cookies are the bom as well and would be good. Oh by the way, this is not my mom, but I bet you already figured that out. lol
Not the pretzels...that's what I already made and I would have delivered them last night but I was on call and a lot of people really wanted their nurse to drive in the Blizzard of 2009 to see them. Thanks for calling my neighbor gift the old standby you evil beast!
I vote for homemade rolls with honeybutter. Do it. Are you going to make me whatever I vote for or just what you decide to make for everyone else?
ONLY PRETZELS!!
Just how strict are you with your definition of what constitutes a neighborhood? Could Sugarhouse possibly fit into your criteria? If so, I would like the cinnamon rolls.
This vote is easy. We wait all year for your dipped pretzels. The old standby is the best!!!
Post a Comment