Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Birthday Wrap -Up



I am writing this not for you, but for me. I want to look back on this post next year and remember the wonderful people who surround me.

I woke up this morning my usual chipper self. Karra picked me up early and took me to breakfast with the girls at Farlaino's. I LOVED IT! It was so fun to do something different and spend my morning with the girls.

I came home to my smiling children and my clean kitchen. I must have scared the crap out of Erik this year because he was on FIRE! A few hours later I received a dozen roses with a sweet note.

I also got a baby today. Mini Josh came to stay while Randi ventured back to work. He was a perfect angel and made my day. I don't know if I could still do it everyday, but it was nice for today.



Erik and I finished it off with dinner and a movie. It has been a while since we have seen a good movie, but The Blind Side was so good. We headed to His parents to have cake and open presents. My kids picked out some thoughtful gifts - this is the part I need to remember. ALi and Claire got picked out A LOT of jewelry and a Strawberry Shortcake Christmas Movie. When I told Claire how much I loved it, she looked at Ali and said, "See Ali. I told you she would like it." Josh was even more excited for me to open his gift and was a little giddy. I laughed when I saw The Jackson 5 Greatest HIts.



I have had such a great day and want to remember it! Thanks to everyone who gave me a special day. I know this is cheesy and so unlike me, I should be over it by tomorrow!

2 comments:

Bryan Crew said...

Believe it or not, I remembered your bday BEFORE reading this blog. Sounds fun. Cheesy is acceptable on occasion. Thanks for sharing.

thelda Wimmer said...

I am glad you had a great birthday! Everyone should feel special on their b-day.