Friday, December 25, 2009

Merry Whatever



As Christmas 2009 draws to a close I can't help but kick myself in the butt. I have been feeling a little down this season. Maybe it was the low from returning from paradise, or my surgery that turned out to be a little harsher than I had hoped. I have been trying to shake this vibe for the last week and finally figured out the problem today.

I think there were many factors that led to my mood this year, but the main contributor was probably my lack of compassion and giving this year. I had many opportunities to do for others that were missed. There were chances for thoughtfulness in the gifts I gave that were passed up. We have had a rough year and I found it HARD to spend money that I didn't have. Instead of bucking up and finding new ways to give, I simply gave up.

I feel like my kids had a good Christmas even though there were less gifts under the tree, but I gave them NO opportunities to help others or to do service. We pretty much missed the boat. I am feeling pretty bad about today and am ready for the new year to start. I am truly sorry for being self absorbed and snippy and a terrible gift giver - but tomorrow is a new day. I am going to max out my credit cards and buy everyone I know an iPod - I think that will make me ok with the man upstairs.

Anyhoo - I thought I would throw in a few pictures of my smiling children on Christmas morning. The hundred dollar bills from Grandma made them VERY happy - until I told them it was for college. Not so exciting after all!!!





(I have to mention Biscuit the dog. After 3 years of begging Ali finally got her dog. It came to me from a friend who gave it to her kids last year. They played with him and loved him ALL DAY and never asked for him again. I snagged it before he made it to the D.I. and will probably be passing him on next year!)

No comments: