Thursday, May 14, 2009

Poor Mommy . . .


A few days ago in preparation for her trip to China, my mom decided to do something dramatic with her hair. I saw this picture of Rihanna and thought it would be perfect for her. Randi toned it down a little, but it looks really cute. It is pretty short and pretty dark so my kids were kind of shocked by it. Anyway, I told them that when you go to China you have to get a "chinese haircut" so you can fit in with the people around you - Communism or something. That is the backstory on the Chinese haircut - which is probably a racist term, but let's move on.

Today I got a text from my mom saying the trip was off. She was in San Francisco trying to get to China when they hit a snag. Long story short, The swine flu is officially ruining Chinese vacations. She was waiting for a flight back to Salt Lake and will soon be heading home. She is truly disappointed, but I am just glad she is home and not in a Chinese prison being "quarantined." I was telling Ali that Granmma didn't get to go to China and was coming back. Ali felt bad for Gramma and said, "Too bad she had to get that stupid Chinese haircut."

PS - I know I said Chinese a lot, and I feel weird about it - and my mom does NOT have the Swine flu.

3 comments:

suzy said...

I feel so bad for her...all set to go, partway there and it's ruined. I am excited to see her hair now though.

patty said...

I look just like that picture of the girl with the cute haircut-except for my hair.

Danny K. said...

It's funny you should say that about Chinese haircuts and fitting in, because when I happened to tell the receptionist at my Dentist that I was going to be in China she said, "Oh you'll fit right in with your crazy chinese hair." No, this woman was not my mother.