Sunday, March 08, 2009

More proof that everyday is a party . . .



We were at Walmart last night trying to save a few bucks on groceries, and the lady behind me had 2 things in her cart that made Erik laugh: A loaf of Wonder bread and a box of Cap'n Crunch. Apparently when Erik was a small child this would have been his Birthday Wish Meal because it was the only day of the year he was allowed to eat either one of these things. On a crazy side note, I actually ran into his parents while shopping and they literally had a bag of potatoes and some oatmeal (or something healthy) in their cart. Meanwhile, I was loaded up with cake mix and cream cheese. My meals this week will be delicious.

And I probably shouldn't use healthy food to scare my kids anymore - I guess what they eat now really will affect what they eat later in life. Thanks mom for forcing me to eat Ding Dongs and Doritos when I was a baby.

No comments: