Thursday, March 05, 2009



I must be kind of obsessed with movies right now, or just the fact that some movies really suck and that certain theater owners are trying to TORTURE me. What I find humorous while writing this is that Madea Goes To Jail never even came to our theater. Let me just tell you what is new this week at our hometown theater: Twilight. Apparently there are no movies that would be more interesting than a nearly year old piece of crap.

If you have really nice theaters it might be ok to go to a poorly reviewed movie just for the delicious popcorn, comfy stadium seating and maybe a laugh or two, but when your theater is a hundred years old with stale popcorn and squeaky sometimes sticky chairs shouldn't the movies be exceptional??? It is possible that I may soon be banned from my local theater, but I just want the guy with the beard who never let me use the phone when I was a kid to know that I WILL drive to Provo to see a movie. My mom may have to sacrifice another Saturday night to watch the kids, but it is a sacrifice we may have to make.

7 comments:

Danny K. said...

You should get a shuttle going to Provo. My mom would come with you and I'm sure there are others. My mom still calls it the "show house" by the way.

patty said...

You know, I only read your blog so I can read Danny's comments. He gets it.

Encore Dance said...

You crack me up kel! Thanks for the present. I loved the M&M's ate them in like 3 minutes and didn't share:)

Shauntel said...

Don't people know that Twilight comes out on DVD in 2 weeks? Come on people you can wait that long. Oh who am I kidding, I would totally go see it again before then. (Not really. I might think about it, but I can wait.)

tookiecramer said...

The first time Dave and I went to the "Show House" to see a movie, I took one look at the tiny screen and long hallway it's at the end of and told our friends we should switch to the main movie. They explained all the theaters were the same - tiny and wierd. I had never seen anything like it. And, to make it worse, it rained like a mother through most of the movie which made it impossible to hear anything but the metal roof being pummeled by mother nature. Now I don't have to worry because I never go to movies anymore.

aimee said...

If Slumdog Millionaire comes to Price next year, you really should go see it. Leave the kids at Grandma's House though..

Rass said...

Slumdog Millionaire will NEVER come here. I'm not too worried.