Tuesday, April 15, 2008

And the Mother of the Year Award Goes to


We have had a never ending Birthday celebration for princess Alice, but her reign of terror has finally come to an end. We had the funnest little party at a spa in Spanish Fork on Saturday - check out Suzy's blog for all the highlights. Ali was doing fine for a while but started to get really whiney towards the end. I thought out loud "How do kids know they are suppose to act like this on their birthdays? It never fails." She was laying around while the girls played mumbling something about her stomach hurting and could she just open presents. All I can think about is the price of this party and how she better eat that cupcake and she better put a smile on her face while she is eating it. It went on like this for a while, she made it through the party, my trip to Costco, the drive home and to dinner and Grandma's. At this point I was getting really upset because she was really whining now and would not participate in my fun activities. That's when I saw her throwing up all over the floor. Could it be? Was she actually sick? Had I spent the whole day torturing her with pink frosted cupcakes and tea parties? She informs me that she was sick from being in the car too long and is feeling much better. That is when I received my award for Mother of The Year.

So I decided to make her favorite dinner and the "pony cake she has been dreaming of" last night on her actual birthday. It was a much better event and the pony cake was very tender, not stringy like you might think. I took a few pictures to make up for the fact that I neglected to bring my camera to the tea party. (Once again, check Suzy's Blog for those pics- They turned out great!)
PS - The pony hair did not catch on fire.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

That reminds me of the time I made Madison sing in her 2nd grade Texas Christmas program when she had strep throat. Those pics will forever be a reminder that I, too, won the mother of the year award.

Sarah said...

I didn't know she had strep yet, she was just acting a bit sick. I took her to the doc later and got some antibiotics. Back off DCFS will ya?

Elisa said...

Such a fun party! and Ali was an amazing sport for being sick!! Holy Cow!

tookiecramer said...

Blog Kelly is just as funny as real life Kelly. Hee hee. I received my Mother of the Year Award last summer when I gave Jacob a haircut. He kept screaming and crying while I used the clippers to trim his hair (which was so annoying because I knew it couldn't possibly be painful to get a haircut)! The next day I felt like total crap when I found little scabs and cuts all over his poor, but nicely trimmed, head. Good job me!