Saturday, September 03, 2011

Ali


I am SO behind on this blog, but prepare yourselves. It's Saturday night I have NOTHING goin' on! Anyway, Ali and I are home alone so she gets to go first.

We started our new homeschool co-op last week and WOW was it crazy! I have been freaked out about it all summer but was really happy with the first week - more on that later. So Ali got to start school with the traditional "put on that new outfit and stand awkwardly on the front porch" picture. As my mom likes to say, I "jazzed it up" this year with something I saw on one of those cool blogs out there somewhere.

She also got to go to a fun dance camp this weekend. I guess it would be a bigger deal to both of us if we actually WATCHED "So You Think You Can Dance." The camps she has been able to attend have both featured dancers from the show as their teachers. So there is some girl named Ryan . . .



And a guy named Wadi - I think. They were so nice and signed her shirt when we were finished. She was excited that her cousin Miriam got to be in the class with her - she is going through a weird "I can't do anything by myself" phase at the moment.





I'm so glad I have A dance teacher who PUSHES Ali to be her best!! Thanks Julia

Next up - Josh.

4 comments:

Bryce and Lauren said...

She got to meet Wadi and Ryan??? Lucky girl! I'm way jealous! They were great on the show...dancers are celebrities to me so I'd probably not be able to play it cool like Ali did...:)

Rass said...

There is another class in November - I'll let you know when. You could totally put on some leg warmers and join the class. . . or you could pretend to be Ali's mom.

DD said...

I asked Ali what she wanted from Costco last night and she said a 3D TV. I was talking about food.

Kamie said...

Hey I thought I was pretending to be Ali's mom for the Nov gig! I knew it was too good to be true. No worries....I've already talked to Julia and I can buy an observer pass for $15. So cool! Won't you be embarrassed when I start dancing with Tad & Sasha! :)