
I broke a promise I made to myself about 5 years ago. We bought a pricey purebred puppy in the winter of 2006 and by Fall, he got the boot. It was a horrible experience to give him away, but I know he is in a better place - Utah County.
On with the story. There was a little dog hanging around our neighborhood last week. After about 5 days of seeing him wander around scavenging food, the neighbors were minutes away from calling the pound. My kids were MORTIFIED at the idea of giving up a perfectly good dog, so I was talked into bringing him home. Maybe that's an exaggeration. I am not a dog lover, in fact I am a dog HATER, but this poor dog was calling my name.
We took him home, gave him food and a bath and put the word out, in case someone was missing him. I thought we could just keep him for a few days so he could get healthy and go back to his owner. NO ONE CLAIMED HIM!!!
I am still waiting for my hate to shine through, but right now I am loving this guy. He is tiny and won't get much bigger, he doesn't bark or yap AT ALL. He is great with the kids and very gentle - I can't believe I am feeling this way.
Anyway, All the dog haters in my family will probably NEVER come over again, but it's a sacrifice I'm willing to make!!!

4 comments:
Carson LOVES Turbo.
Yay! I knew you had dog love in you!!
I bet you hand it over to lori in less than a year.
I like this side of you :)
Post a Comment