
It was 55 degrees here yesterday - that says spring to me! There are other ways spring can be detected around here.
#1 - Dance Attack. It was Ali's first year and she got schooled. Whenever parents complain that our dance teacher is too strict, I am going to tell them what it's all about. Those Utah and SL County girls are on another planet. We like to dance for fun in Hickville, but they dance for scholarships up there. Anyway, Ali had fun and finally got some quality time with Bubba. Yes, Bubba.
#2 - Spring is when I start to get kinda nutty with projects. My sewing machine usually takes it place on the kitchen table and disrupts life for a while. I took a page from Randi and made my own curtains. I have never done it before and was shocked at how much money I saved. I spent $80 and made four 98 inch panels and 4 pillows. I am waiting for phase II of this project, which includes a giant wood valance, but I need a break for a few days.
#3 - Spring is usually when we run out of jam. I think my kids eat two or three jars a month so we have to be prepared. We went with peach raspberry this time and will add pineapple mango next month.

#4 - The gremlin puts on springy colors. Green is his best so far.

#4 - It's my anniversary!! It's crazy that Erik and I have only been married 11 years. I feel ripped off with that number because I think I have put in TWICE that amount of time! I would use this moment to tell Erik how much I love him, but the chances of him ever reading this are ZILCH.

7 comments:
Nothing says true love than sharing a box of hair bleach.
You are kind of a jerk. But it is TOTALLY true.
Haha Randi. I don't remember what I was going to say now after that comment. Well I love your curtains and your pillows. I am jealous. I haven't seen Randi's but I heard about it. I need to learn to sew better, but my sewing machine is broken.
Wow! Impressive! Spring time to me means sitting all day at a ball field and not getting anything done around the house.
Love your curtains and pillows...........and Erik's sideburns :)
p.s. Hilarious Randi!
Love the curtains! Do you want to make some for me? When was that piture taken of you and Eric?
I think that picture was taken in like 97 or 98?? Back when we were in love!!!
Those pork chops will keep me laughing all day. Thanks for posting. Brandi
Post a Comment