
My mom and I took the kids to the BYU exhibit of Carl Bloch today. It was one of those days you want your kids to soak up all the world has to offer. We walked around with our iPad tour guides and listened to the history and meanings of his paintings. We had a lesson prepping us yesterday so I was feeling good. The exhibit was so beautiful and I would have loved to sit longer to listen and look, but the kids were done in an hour. When we walked out Josh said, "That was like prison."
I laughed and know he is just a kid who was bored, but I hope some of what we saw and heard sunk in. I hope he appreciates art and sacrifice and beauty someday.
Thanks mom for exposing us to things that matter.

1 comment:
I have so wanted to go see that exhibit. Good way to torture my kids. Brandi
Post a Comment