Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Summer recap

I am SOOOO desperate to entertain my kids this week that I gave them a project. I handed them each a piece of poster board and a few magazines I had laying around and asked them to make me a collage of their summer experience. I called it "Summer 2010" which I thought was pretty self explanatory.

Here is what Ali came up with:

It's pretty hard to see, but her poster consists of lots of pictures of food and recipes. This would make me feel good if we had actually spent any time baking together this summer. She is either really hungry right now or has an eating disorder. She did tell me last night while watching the Miss Universe pageant that "there is no such thing as too skinny."

Josh was pretty proud of his as well:

This is literally a poster filled with pictures of muscular gentleman. I am telling myself it's because of his great desire to be a bodybuilder, or the fact that this is what Erik breathes right now. Our cupboards are brimming with all sorts of powders and pills that are suppose to make you buff. I am inclined to believe that Mr. Funny pants is mocking someone by making this collage.This is what I am telling myself. What this has to do with the summer of 2010 is beyond me.

Claire's was too disturbing to post. She ripped out a lot of pages from the American Girl catalog and promptly cut all the heads off the dolls. Apparently the summer of 2010 was pretty messed up at my house.

No comments: