
I can't remember if I have mentioned Bum Ball before, but I got some good pics that I wanted to share.
We went to Huntington on Saturday to celebrate Grandpa Young's Birthday. They have a fun little park there that the kids love, even during a hurricane. There is always plenty of lamb and pretty much all the family shows up. Grandpa must keep the special board in his truck because it always seems to show up at these functions.
I'm too lazy to explain the rules of the game, but here is the jist of it. There is a long board with a bunch of holes in it. Grandpa rolls the ball down the board and if it lands in your hole, grab it and throw it really hard at someones head. If you hit them, they get a rock in their hole. If you miss, you get the rock. When you have three rocks in your hole, you stand against a wall and let everyone take a turn hitting you really hard with a ball. It doesn't matter how old you are, you will get hit. I am glad we all have kids old enough to play - it takes the pressure off the adults. It is kind of awkward having to pummel a ball at your mother in law.

Anyway - we had so much fun seeing everyone - I think Erik likes it best. The poor guy should have married someone who could bear him 10 children. The kids are always swarming him and begging him to play - and for some reason he does it!
I wonder if the board will come out at Damon & Gwen's wedding . . .

No comments:
Post a Comment