Thursday, April 22, 2010
Erf Day
Time for my annual Earth Day post. I LOVE when this day comes around every year so I can hear about all of the ridiculous things people do to try to celebrate.
This year, Josh has taken the "save energy" theme and really sat with it. Every time I asked him to do something this morning he informed me that he couldn't because he is "trying to save energy." So in your face world. My son will take your lame try at brainwashing and make fun of it. I LOVE him. (This from the same kid who told me he needs to burn off exercise with more food.)
Just so I don't look like a bad parent here, I didn't just laugh at Earth Day and send them to school. We had a serious conversation about who created the earth, and everything that inhabits it. I explained to them that we as people do not have the ability to kill or save the earth. I continued the lecture by pointing out that of course we should try to keep this earth clean and beautiful and do all that we can to respect it, but that my driving to Walmart last night was not going to kill a polar bear, even though Ali was sure it would.
I love this day because it gives me an opportunity to counteract the garbage my kids will be force fed today at school. They probably won't choke on it though because no paper products will be used at school today. They also won't know what's happening because they will be working with no lights. Sounds like my kids will do a lot of learnin' today in the dark with no paper.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment