Saturday, August 01, 2009

What a Weekend



I am tired but will post out of guilt. I need to record these moments that mean so much to me.

I have decided to make a list called "LESSONS LEARNED AT INTERNATIONAL DAYS" to pass on to my kids. This fair only comes around once a year and NEVER changes, but I am somehow surprised each time I attend.

- If you have it, flaunt it. If you are disgusting, flaunt even more of it.

- You don't have to wear a shirt just because you are leaving the house.

- If you like the smell of cigarette smoke, everyone else must LOVE it. Especially the baby you brought. Keep blowing smoke in his face.

- People love the sound of you screaming at your kids. My favorite in 2009 was the guy who kept yelling, "Boy! Git over here."



- If you feel tired, lay on the grass. Or the sidewalk, or the gutter. Who cares if you are at the fair.

-DO NOT COME TO INTERNATIONAL DAYS IF YOU HAVE A WARRANT OUT FOR YOUR ARREST! I cannot stress this enough - I have seen too many peoples' day ruined with a trip to the county jail.

- It's worth a try asking if Margarita snowies have alcohol in them. You never know.



- If you have any kind of scary dog, bring it.

- Make sure you bring at least $200 for each kid. There are many treasures to be found, most of them are frogs.



- Be prepared to run into your baby's mama and her new boyfriend.



- Never make fun of other people at International Days. You will get your A** kicked.

- Always take a hot shower after International Days. A long, hot shower.

5 comments:

patty said...

I love the Barbie pic. I think it should be included in the sex ed curriculum at the elementary school.

Randi said...

classic quotes from the fair
"whach chu looking at"
"You don't know me"
Good Times.

Joey said...

i used some of your words of wisdom today in my lesson.

"there are many treasures at the fair and in life. most of them are frogs."

i think i really got through to them today. thanks.

Shauntel said...

Our house now has 2 of the said frogs

Bryan Crew said...

You forgot about drinking goldfish that you have just won. Oh, wait. That was the much anticipated celebration at Notre Dame.