
There are actually ten things I don't want to hear my doctor say, but I have narrowed it down to three:
#1 - You have clamidia
#2 - You are pregnant
#3 - You will probably need a liver transplant
Ok - So I heard #3 today from a doctor who had met me 2 minutes earlier. I love it when the doc gives it to you straight with no sugar coatin' - or what I like to call, empathy.
Of course he can't be certain since he has never actually met my liver, but I like a guy who can give you the worst case scenario right off the bat so the only place to go is up! I felt kind of stupid sitting on that paper covered exam table. I wondered if I should be crying or something, but I instead started thinking of everyone I know who might have a clean liver for me.
Anyway, I am surprisingly un-worried. I have a few more tests to take which means more days in Provo without my kids and I really feel like whatever happens will be ok. The thing that is giving me real comfort today is this picture of Karra rubbing this kittens bum trying to make it pee. All my cares melt away when I see this.

2 comments:
Did you punch Karra on the arm?
Barry Peterson has a mean right hook.
Post a Comment