
There is only one "annual" gathering with Erik's family each year -The big 4th of July/Birthday Extravaganza. Thanksgiving and Christmas have never seemed like a big deal, but this weekend is different. Erik's dad shares his birthday with our country so the family likes to head up to the cabin for a little eating, 4-wheeling, and Pleasant Valley Days.
I can't begin to describe the weekend. People come from all over just to jam into this tiny little park filled with knick knacks, paddy whacks and THE WORLD'S WORST SNOW CONES. The kids enjoy it for about 10 minutes and are ready to return to the R& R of the cabin. This year Ali really wanted to enter the little pageant, but I wanted to check it out first to make sure there wasn't a stripper pole on stage. It turned out to be pretty innocent, aside from the girl singing "Redneck Woman" for her talent. There were a lot of "HELL YEAH'S" being tossed between the contestant and the slightly intoxicated audience. I decided to enter her next year because she totally would have won. I am not saying this because she is my kid, but because a Price girl needs to whip those little Utah County chicks right out of town. We will begin rehearsals of Barracuda immediately.

We also got ambitious and finally entered a float into the parade. The girls were feeling robbed after watching the other girls win crowns and wands the night before, so we made them a little royalty float. They were so cute and we finally had someone to cheer for at the parade.

I came home with Claire everynight and drove back each morning which made for a long weekend, but at least we both got a good nights sleep. I always feel bad about doing this until I hear the stories from my sisters-in-law the next day. There are so many kids in such a small area that no one wants to go to sleep and the babies usually end up paying the price. It was worth it, even though I know it makes me look like a snot. I admit it. I LOVE MY SOFT COMFY BED AND MY SLEEPING KID IN ANOTHER ROOM!!!
Farewell Pleasant Valley Days - until next year . . . .

3 comments:
Make sure to get Ali a nice, deep spray on tan before the pageant next year. Oh yeah, and don't forget to bleach her baby teeth. Nothing is too extreme when pimping out your children.
Erik is driving what is commonly known as a Utah County Limo.
Carbon County sweep! If Miriam doesn't run from the stage crying, which really may happen.
Post a Comment