Monday, August 11, 2008

Parent of the Year Award


My mom will love this one.
I am having a hard time getting my kids to do their chores this summer. I have tried every reward/punishment you can think of.
First we tried allowance. Josh comes upstairs one morning and says: "Me and Ali decided we aren't going to do our jobs today. We don't care about the money." So I I informed them we would still be doing chores, but allowance was gone. Josh was ok with it. He said, "I guess I will just get my Nintendo DS for Christmas instead of earning money for it."
After a week of racking my brain, I decided to start the punishment phase. Everyday I have taken something away. First it was all of Josh's nintendo equipment. Today it was the TV and the Computer. Now they are both grounded, unable to play with friends.
GUESS What!!!! They are playing quietly downstairs and have not even had so much as an argument.
Darn you Mom.

3 comments:

Danny K. said...

To be fair, Britney's kids probably were mistakes. I mean technically speaking. Josh is scary smart - "I don't care about the money" - you can't argue with that.

patty said...

it's time to start withholding food and water....then play really loud music that they hate and if all that fails there is this parenting technique called 'water boarding'.... risky but effective. just remember to be loving they will thank you later

tookiecramer said...

I don't think I am smart enough to be Josh's Mom...my brain would explode. He is hilarious.