
Today was officially the first day of school. Josh started last Monday, but Ali got to start today, so I'm counting today as the day. I am feeling slightly guilty this morning - let me explain. I dropped Ali off this morning at Kindergarten, she was SOOOO Excited! When we got to the school Josh came running up to her, (I made him ride the bus this morning) trying to show her all the neat things at school. He was so happy to see her and she was happy to see that he was happy. Whew. Anyway, I dropped her off and started walking back to my car. That is when I noticed all the crying moms with video cameras. I am not talking about anyone in particular, Deb, there were quite a few. I got in the car and called Erik to ask him if I was a bad mom. He wanted me to be more specific. I probably shouldn't have called him! I came home, put Claire in the stroller and went for a 45 minute walk for the first time EVER. No kids telling me they are tired or riding their bikes in the street. Just me, my Ipod, and happy content Claire. I had a lot of time to think about this new freedom. Keep in mind that Ali is only going half a day - Just enough time for me to miss her. I am rambling now - but I am very happy today. My kids are in the worst place possible (Public School) and I am loving life.

6 comments:
I still remember my first day of Kindergarten. Mom made me wear this outfit that had rhinestones on it that I pretty much hated and I was terrfied. Glad to here Ali loved it!
Did you bedazzle Randi's first day of kindergarten outfit? How was Ali when she got home? Did she love it? I can smell exactly how her first day of school smelled and it is making me feel homesick. Does she ride the bus home?
Does it smell like poo - because that is what she thought it smelled like. When I was putting her belt on this morning I said, "Tell your teacher you need help getting this off to go to the bathroom," she said, "I am not using the school bathrooms. They are disgusting."
So that smell makes you homesick? ewwww
Sounds like you might be ready for all day school. Most bad moms are.
randi-i wish i could still pick out your clothes. i saved the rhinestone shirt for your kids. you will thank me someday.
kelly-where's the 'first day of school' pics? how will ali remember what she wore so she can "oprah" you when she grows up?
Yes Kelly, poo makes me homesick. I am telling my mom you said that.
So anyway, I have these delicious peaches and I want to make a pie. Come to Richfield and help me. Please. We can go to Christensens and the Sagebrush. Come on Friday (tomorrow) and spend the night. Bring your whole family. Okay.
Post a Comment