
I went to Provo yesterday with some friends for a day at the spa. It was Karra's birthday and we had lots of fun but as soon as we left the spa I started getting all sorts of messages from concerned relatives telling me about a huge mudslide in Spanish Fork Canyon. Karra was Whoooo Hoooing because she didn't want to go home so we tried to take up a lot of time eating, shopping, eating . . . Finally at 9:30 it was still closed so we decided we would have to go home the LONG WAY. It sucked but we finally rolled in around midnight.
I woke up at 3:53 this morning to Claire's uncontrolled screams. Actually, I woke up when Erik poked me really hard because I hadn't woken up. He got her calmed down and as soon as we were back in bed I heard little feet running upstairs. Too Dainty to be Josh. Ali was thirsty. 1 minute later I hear Josh running up the stairs. Why are they always sprinting when they come up in the middle of the night? Pretty soon they were both in my bed trying to tell me some things. First Josh.
Josh: Mom, you know on Guitar Hero 3 when you are plying through Fire & Flames on hard and . . . . blah blah . . . . blah blah . . . blah blah the orange button . . . blah blah . . . And then blah blah?
Me: Oh really. K. Goodnight then.
Ali: Ya and mom, we got a dog. It's in the backyard . . . blah blah . . . . it followed us home last night . . . I love him . . . I call him Rocky but Josh calls him DMC.
Me: Ya. Ok. See you in the morning.

So when I woke up this morning I had a vague memory of some dog or something but when I went to check it out, all the remnants remained except the dog. Erik had let him out of the gate, but the story we are telling is that it had super powers and jumped over the 8 foot fence. Ali is heartbroken, but I am not. It was one of those Lassie looking dogs which I think are extra ugly. Run, DMC. Run.

4 comments:
Did you know that Grandpa Carlson used to have a dog like that? I've only seen pictures, I'd like to think it was the "original" Lassie. Oh yeah, and I don't feel bad for you! You were getting a facial, I was at home puking my guts out.
Grandpa's dog was named Sonny. I remember him. Claire is sick now. Thanks.
I remember sonny....sonny and paul....paul and sonny.......
I'm offended. I had a mini Lassie. I loved that dog. Aside from the constant shedding, they are amazing dogs, really smart and friendly. We taught ours to play hide and seek. She could only seek though, never got a hang of the hiding. If I were to get a dog and could get one that doesn't shed that is what I would get.
Post a Comment