Tuesday, February 05, 2008

A significant number.



I have nothing better to talk about I guess. I should be blogging about my kids or something, but I am selfish. This week my team (SlimJims) moved into 22nd (out of 84) place in the fat meltdown. This is a significant number I have come to find out.

-First of all, my birthday is on the 22nd.
-There are 22 letters in the Hebrew alphabet.
-In the Kabbalah, there are 22 paths between the sephiroth.
-The number 22 is significant in many systems of numerology, often called the Master Builder or Spiritual Master in Form.
-People who are 22s are said to find themselves feeling as if they live in two worlds, one which is overwhelmed by the mundane, and the other by the fantastic.
-22 is the number of players on the field in a Football (soccer) match, and also the number of players on the field at any one time in an American football match.
-The jersey number 22 has been retired for NBA players Clyde Drexler, Elgin Baylor and Dave DeBusschere. The number was also worn by Rolando Blackman and John Salley, among others.
-"22" is a common name for the .22 calibre cartridge.
-NFL All-time leading rusher Emmitt Smith of the Dallas Cowboys wore the number 22.
-Iron Maiden has a song named 22 Acacia Avenue.
-There's a band called 22:22 from Sweden.

Next week I will wow you again when we are in the top 20.

1 comment:

Randi said...

Don't forget your sister is 22!