Monday, February 25, 2008

Meet Sammy



I am not an animal lover. Why? Because they smell. I have narrowed it down to smell. I have been told I have an amazing sense of smell - it is a curse. (How many times can I say smell?) If you didn't hear about my last animal experience I will spare you. Let's just say when a dog touches my flowers, the dog is out. No matter how expensive he was. The fish also had to go. I could smell the fishtank the minute I walked in the door. HOWEVER - Ali is an animal lover. She wants to be a vet when she grows up and has been begging me for a cat. We went to the pound on Saturday (hoping that we would leave empty handed) only to see Sammy. A 1 year old fat orange lap cat that was litter box trained, de-clawed and fixed. What a find. He loved being carried around and mothered by Ali. She has not let him out of her sight. He slept next to her head on her pillow last night and the moment he meowed at 7:30 am she shot straight up, got dressed and started all over again. I have never seen her so happy - or so sad when she couldn't find him yesterday. It is actually adorable and I can live with a little cat hair.


On a different note, I finally got off my butt and finished Claire's dresser. Thank you Suzy for being brave enough to try it first. I LOVE how it turned out.


For those who care, I am not going to mention my weight loss this week. We really slipped last week. I am back on track this week and will be back in the top 70 by next week. GO TEAM!

9 comments:

Randi said...

Oh my gosh, that cat is huge! Ali looks so happy! Anyway mom said dad wasn't a fan.......And the dresser looks so cute! I can't wait to meet sammy.

suzy said...

I love the colors you used on the dresser! I wish my dresser was nice like that. Gwen is standing over my shoulder and really wants to come see your cat now. I am completely surprized that you actually got a cat. You must really love your kids.

Elisa said...

The dresser is so so so darling. I love it. That opens up a whole new way to use DI furniture:)
I am not a fan of cat hair/smell...but they do say having your kids exposed to animals helps with allergies, and Sammy sounds very sweet.

Kelli said...

What the cat?!?! The dresser is darling how did you do it? I haven't been blogging lately so it is exciting to get back in the loop.

Sarah said...

I knew when Madison and Ali started sneaking animals into your house that you'd have to get her one. She's caught our cats a few times, but they're still scary sometimes with the scratching and what have you.

Sarah said...

Oh, and your Sammy looks exactly like Marcus's Build A Bear Sammy, orange and white striped!

suzy said...

Will you blog something new? Take some pictures of your kids. I know funny stuff happens to you everyday. I need something new to look at. I have more pictures of you that I could post.

Danny K. said...

I agree with Suzy, let's step it up! If you need ideas, here are a few:

1. American Idol. Should Jason get rid of those dreadlocks? Is Kristy Lee Cook too hot for her own good? Should I care this much?

2. Who's better, Helper or Wellington? Pros/cons.

3. Homemade tacos - flour tortillas or crisp shell?

suzy said...

I purse tagged you. I know you need a shove to blog something new.