I have been thinking about what my next post would be about. Step One: Look on the camera - no photos of the kids. Step Two: Talk to Josh's teacher - he hasn't spit on anyone for a while. Step Three: Pump Ali's teacher for info - I finally got a few nuggets. Ali told her teacher that she is allergic to wheat. She has a friend that is actually allergic to wheat and has to bring gross snacks to class because she can't eat the junk the others get to eat. Apparently Ali has a hankerin' for plain rice cakes. Mmmmmm. Why are wheat allergies so alluring to kids these days? Everyone wants to have one.
Moving on to Josh. I decided to sign him up for PeeWee Baseball (pre little league) this year. He begged and begged until I finally gave in. Now you might be wondering why he would have to beg. Well, I grew up with two brothers who played little league baseball and I don't remember either one of them have one pleasant moment in all those years. Plus I think there is a SMALL part of me (the horrible mother part) that does not want to see my child fail at anything. He is not the most athletic boy, so it took a little convincing. So I thought it would be best to start playing with him a little before practices start so that no one will notice that I have let him stay indoors and play video games and watch TV for the last 3 years. Guess what? He was Freakin Awesome! He could hit everything I threw at him, Catch the ball, throw the ball - and all of this he can do both right and left handed. He even schooled my with a bunt at the last second on one of my pitches. I asked him how he knew all the rules and how he knew how to hit like a pro, etc. Two Words: MARIO BASESBALL. In your face mom. I do have a third child who is adorable as well. Her whole day is filled with cuteness - too much to mention in this already super long post. I will dedicate one just to her shenanigans later.

5 comments:
It's ok. Kids always think weird things and they want something to be different about them. I remember wishing I would break my leg so I could have crutches.
I have lots of rice cakes at my house AND we can play baseball on the wii. You better come visit. I just sprayed for spiders today, so it's safe. Thanks for watching Gwen yesterday. Next time can I send Max?? He's the one I can't handle. Just kidding. I wouldn't do that to anyone.
so does that mean I can really be the drummer of a rock band some day? I play rock band all the time!
I wore an unbent paperclip because I felt bad I wasn't going to get braces.
I am glad Josh is having fun. I have to admit, little league makes me cringe. I hate it when little boys strike out and have to walk back to the dugout with their heads hanging down. I have been know to shed a tear or two.
That's awesome! I just hope that a fly ball doesn't knock that last tooth out. Mark used to throw the balls up and then catch them, but he missed a few and had some gnarly bloody noses.
Post a Comment