
I went caucusing for the first time in my life last night. Can you believe that they even do that here? There were a total of about 25 people there from my district - which is crazy, right? I can't believe that we have the opportunity to do this and so few people choose to participate. It actually kind of scary because this is where we choose delegates - and with so little participation, the people in attendance nominate themselves and their spouses for every position on the ballot and win. Now, the only problem I have with all of this is that we live in Utah, and none of it matters. I am a staunch conservative but tend to vote for almost any democrat that runs in Utah because Utah republicans are not your average conservatives. Utah democrats on the other hand are usually a much better fit (Excluding most of the crackpots in Salt Lake County). So yes, Rush, I did "cross" over and vote in a democrat caucus. Proceed with operation Chaos.

9 comments:
I love this operation chaos madness! Kind of like the new March madness.
(I posted in moms name on accident)
Erik should take Brad King's position. I'll make a poster!
Oh, and tell Erik he's going with me to see Heart, Journey and Cheap Trick this summer.
There will never be a new March Madness. But I'm impressed that you participated. Erik should run for something. Joey was class president once, he could be his advisor.
Why is everyone saying that ERik should run for something. He had nothing to do with this. Sexism at work.
You care too much about peoples feelings. Erik is mean. He could get the job done.
More Erik!
I have absolutely nothing to say about this. That said, I had to leave that comment so that you would know that I actually do have something to say about it, but that I'm NOT going to get into a political debate with anyone.
Post a Comment