
Erik has finally returned from the ends of the earth. I actually don't really know where Alaska is on the map, but I know it is far far away. I had such a horrible week without Erik. Who knew??? Basically I have realized that he does most of the work with the kids, etc. and it is a hard job.
He had an awesome time and hopefully didn't offend too many eskimos. That was totally offensive.
Here is the pride and joy of his trip. A 180 lb. halibut that I will not be eating. It looks like the giant disgusting carp you see at Lake Powell. The cheeks are suppose to be the best part. He said that when he started reeling it in all the guys on the boat were making fun of him because he was having such a hard time bringing it in. Things turned very serious when the "Captain" saw it though. He yelled "Get the shotgun." Yes. the shotgun. They were afraid it would kill the fisherman flailing around the deck. Instead they beat it to death with a big club. YUMMY!!!

5 comments:
Holy Cow that thing is huge! I do want some halibit...when is the fish eating party?
The funniest part of the story is what he was doing right before he caught it. You should get a picture of Erik playing air guitar and tell that part of it. Maybe it was only funny to me though. Did you really have a hard week? You were sick though weren't you? Not to take away from the credit you were giving Erik or anything.
That is crazy! Totally gross, I'm so afraid of it!! But, I can't wait to eat it! Erick said in the picture he had his hand in the gills grabbing onto some bone to lift it? Gross, Way to go Erik, Jared is jealous
That picture reminds me of those old postcards you used to see in Price of giant Jack Rabbits with huge antlers. That thing should go on tour!
Some of the fish was at Mom and Dad's last night. I hate fish, but I would assume that it is really good. I'm never going to look at it again.
Post a Comment