Sunday, July 01, 2007

The Annual Rass Fest

I have really started looking forward to the annual 4th of July trip to Pleasant Valley Days in beautiful Scofield. I use to fight it because I don't like the outdoors, but I have come to realize that no one cares if I spend the night. So I drove back and forth a few times for sleeping. Claire and I did very well at home alone. Anyway, the parade was better that most parades you go to. Individual families just put floats in - every year we say we will do it, but I think there might be some kind of Mafia mentality up there. I won't name any names, but they can be intimidating - the "BEST FAMILY ENTRY" trophy is a big deal I think.

We took the annual WHOLE family picture - so again, if you are not there it can be held against you later. Anyway - I have decided to do something totally drastic after seeing the picture this year. I know I just had a baby ( and yes, by the way, nine months ago is JUST) but I do not like having my picture taken. My weight is most prominent in my face (and my body) so there is no hiding it. Here is the announcement. I will not be leaving my house again. You thought I was going to say something else, didn't you? Well I wouldn't be that stupid. I am in a bad mood. Here are some freakin pics from my wonderful weekend of fried potatoes and cupcakes.





5 comments:

suzy said...

Oh kelly... you make me laugh. I did think you were going to say something else. You should write a book. I don't know what about, but I bet you would sell a million copies. I'm serious. Do it. That's something you don't need to leave the house to do.

Encore Dance said...

so, I totally show all my weight in my face!! I need to do something!! Do you still go to curves? Even being pregnant it still needs to be under control!! But I guess I'm still going to have thoes cookies I was going to make. I need a new brain

Elisa said...

Good times, It's so great that our kids all love each other...I hope that lasts a long time, the teenage years are always tricky.

Sarah said...

I amd going to beg to differ with Kel about the weight. She looks great. I, on the other hand, look big and frumpy. I'm going to blame it on the mountains. The dirt makes me look fat.

Sarah said...

I love that you posted the NKOTB videos. Now if we could only find Hangin' Tough.