
I had quite the day with Ali today. We haven't been able to spend time together without Josh much this summer, so it was a special occasion. We drove to Salt Lake for Ellie's birthday funtime. They went to build a bear and built the same cute poodle. By the way, I hate build a bear. The biggest scam in the history of scams. As soon as you walk in it's all over. Marketing Genius. They have somehow managed to sell underwear for stuffed animals - and as an adult you actually find yourself justifying it.
"Ya, that bear can't wear that skirt without panties. That's disgusting."
The employees are so well trained too. "Do you want your bear to have a heart? Of course, otherwise it will never love you. How about a bark or a meow? Do you want to rob your bear of the ability to communicate with you?" AGGGGHHHHH!!! Anyway, Ali and Ellie loved it and we had fun with a girls day out.
I don't want to drag this story out - but at a unplanned Target run, we were looking at shoes for Ali and she said, "The day we come to Target and you don't buy me a toy is the day I hate you."
I was trying not to laugh and I should have been really mad, but I got the shoes and promptly left the place that I am starting to realize is evil and is ruining my life.

Anyway, We had a lot of time to talk in the car and listen to music - Ali loves music. I decided to test her musical tastes. I would play a song and she would say "skip or yayayaya." Long story short, She totally dissed the Indigo Girls and has fallen in love with Michael Buble - she could be his next stalker. "Mom, is he real? Where does he live? Can we go there? Does he have a brother?"
So a very exciting day for Ali and I - I think I will try it with Josh sometime soon.

4 comments:
Soooo funny! Ali is cute, and honest. Hate to little kids just means they don't like you for about an hour.
So Alice and I are Kindred spirits. I have downloaded the motherload of Michael Buble songs and I'm listening to "Home" right now!
I love Ali!! I'm so glad she like music and Michael Buble...is he real? I swoon!
Wait a minute here... What are we saying about the Indigo Girls... I am confused who is this Buble guy?
Post a Comment