
So today was the dreaded day. The day I never thought would come. I am living in my mom & dads' basement - with my husband and 3 kids. Now, I know this is no picnic for my parents, but I believe it is much worse for the kid (unless you like living with your parents, some people might consider it a treat). My brother once told my mom he would live in his truck before he moved back in with them and I bet she cried - because she really loves him, but I think she was wondering why we couldn't squeeze in the van for a few weeks.
Anyway, It is so weird that my parents had to go out of town on our first night here, but I am trying to clean up the kitchen so my mom won't look at me in that certain way when she comes home tomorrow, and I can't find the dishwasher detergent. I looked EVERYWHERE and figured she just uses hot water and love. Then I noticed a big can of Pero under the sink. It didn't seem out of the ordinary because I LITERALLY found 14 cans of Postum in various places throughout the house today - but I opened it and WA LA. Detergent. I know this was a long story for such an insignificant event, but when did my mom start reusing containers? She washes paper cups and uses them again. She uses empty Cool Whip containers as bird baths. This is a different house and a different mother than the one I grew up with - and I hope I am not the same smart mouthed brat that I used to be. At least now Erik has permission to stay over. That was a joke.

6 comments:
My mom reuses zip lock bags. IT drive me nuts only because their always hanging over that water purefier on the sink, the one in the corner drying. Anyways I hate seeing them there for some reason just throw it away. But it is nice to conserve.
Hey, if you all want to jump on the band wagon I have some awesome paper recycling activities. I think my mom would also re-use tin foil if she could get us to stop crumpling it up into a tight little ball. Granpda re-uses coke bottles for water, they're great, just a hint of coke in the water. Not the same as a hint of lemon, but a suprise all the same.
Ah Kell, you need to blog more often cause you are hilarious. I love your mom. And really what is the difference between postum and pero?
There is a Huge difference...Postum is SO much better! They even had it at the MTC. We lived with my Grandparents when I was Ali's age, I watched Love Boat every day after pre school.
What was wrong with the original container the detergent came in? It'd be funny if that container was filled with the Pero and your mom just has some weird disorder.
i hope i am still around when all you guys become 'wierd old people' AND i have a perfectly good reason for using the pero can but AARP will not let me divluge it. p.s. to kelly: Wa La? is that French?
Post a Comment