Monday, March 12, 2007

This will scare you straight


I've seen a lot of people writing about great books they are reading and thought I would join in. I will warn you that I am not into feel good fiction books - or really any kind of fiction really. I like to read about real stuff! I can't even pick up one of Erik's books without cringing. I don't know how he does it!
I used to read a lot of TRUE CRIME books back in the day but I had to stop when I had kids because it became to real. I think those books scarred me a little.Example: When we were in Las Vegas last week Erik and I got seperated in the parking garage. I was so panicked because I had read something about a similar situation that did not end well so I ran to the car and locked myself in until Erik found me.
ANYWAY . . . First book. The Marketing of Evil. THE BEST BOOK YOU WILL EVER READ - I promise. If you have kids this book will open your eyes to things you can't even imagine. It is such an important book for parents.

Second . . . From Mission to Madness - It is about the last son of The prophet Joseph Smith. It follows him through his mission all the way to his madness if you can believe that. It gives you insights into things that you never hear about when you research Joseph Smith. Instead of following the path of the Saints to Utah - The story stays in Nauvoo with Emma and all of Joseph's children. It is amazing what happened with their family.
So this is what happens when I can't sleep at night!!!!

3 comments:

suzy said...

Dang, we forgot to grab that book to read on our LONG trip. Maybe I will just have to buy it cause Joey has been dying to read it. Is it seriously the BEST book you have ever read?

Elisa said...

I will look for that Evil Marketing book. I am not sure what it is about but I HATE kids commercials. Death to McDonald's, and BRAT dolls. We don't have a TV, I don't get any fashion magazines at all but I still think Miriam gets bombarded with hidden messages about being sexy. Don't you feel like you need to blindfold your kids at the mall...just to get bast Victoria's Secret?

nanci said...

I am headed to the library. I think reading book recommendations from people is one of the most interesting ways to get to know them. Beware Kelly, I may be analyzing you while I read. I am for the REAL stuff also, and only read highly recommended fiction.