Friday, March 16, 2007

Happy St. Patty's or Patties


I know I am a day early, but because it was St. Patrick's Day at school today and becuase I will be gone tomorrow, I'm going a ll out. (That's not very far for me by the way.)

Ali was so afraid of not having green on today for fear she would be pinched! To my suprise (not really) when I went through her drawers this morning there was not one thing that even had a stitch of green on it. I searched through some scrapbook stuff and found some green ribbon that worked nicely.

Josh came home from school and informed me that only the teachers can pinch. I had two problems with that. #1 - What the???? It seems pinching is going down with dodge ball in our school systems. What is the world coming to? #2 - Did he find this out the hard way?


Anyway - They are convinced that everything they eat and drink today should be green. It was easy with Pancakes and milk and water and fruit snacks, but it gets harder as the day wears on. I am almost out of food coloring! One might ask:"Why don't you just give them healthy green stuff?" Well that's easy - I don't like healthy green stuff. Food coloring will have to do. (By the way, funny Erik side note - when Erik left for work this morning he was a little "miffed" about all the green food. He did not want to eat it - can you beleive that he hates when people mess with his food?)


So . . . we made green Sprinkles cupcakes - which I got from Williams-Sonoma. They are THE BEST cupcakes I have ever tasted! Anyway - It is almost dinner time and I am going to go whip up some green mashed potatoes and I don't know what else. It will be truly disgusting, Erik.

4 comments:

Elisa said...

Miriam's been pinching me everyday this whole week for not wearing green (my pregnancy wardrobe consists of black black with a touch of black). The cupcakes look good.

It's funny Ali has no green, I think 80% of Miriam's wardrobe is pink and green (together).

Encore Dance said...

The Cup Cakes were amazing!! I loved them!! Thank you.

suzy said...

I think you are the funniest girl I know. It's ok that you were early, so was Joey. We were driving to Boise and he pinched me so hard that he left a bruise and it was only the 16th so I got him back the next day. I love that you were worried that Josh might have learned the hard way about the pinching rules. I really just laugh everytime I read your blogs.

nanci said...

Understand Kelly, that our kids live in a different age than we did. Now a days, you let kids pinch each other on St. Patricks day and the next thing you know the shooting starts, all while we loose our educational footing to the Japaneese. I am sure you will understand the reasoning after that explanation, Just be glad they caught Josh before he began his spiral downward.