Friday, January 13, 2012

Cabin Fever . . . Already.

My positive attitude officially lasted for 3 minutes. I really tried, but figured my reputation would be too scarred to survive.

Here we go. . .

I hate this time of year - especially because there is not a drop of snow to cover the brown engulfing my town. I can't push my kids outside to sled the afternoon away or to build a snowman. I have no reason to make Glenn Beck's DELICIOUS hot chocolate to warm them after a long day of playing.

It is bleak. Outside, but also in my heart. It was about this time last year that I began to wonder why I pulled my kids out of that Hell hole called public school. The days are dark, there is WAY TOO MUCH together time, and mom is starting to lose it. The co-op is very helpful, in that my kids do get time with other people, but it flies by too quickly. My kids are BEGGING me to uproot and move all the way to Spring Glen so they can spend more time with friends. a year a go I would have scoffed at this notion, but I am feeling tempted now. I want to live on a farm.

I am aware that I don't like animals, or animal smells, but I want to feel free. I want my kids to climb haystacks and tip cows. I don't want to see my neighbors when I walk outside in my robe. I don't want to hear the screams of the daycare kids that are a stones' throw from my backyard. They really do throw stones. I think it's too early for my winter cabin fever and I am scared - for the children.

Someone should talk me off this ledge.

1 comment:

Kamie said...

You living on a farm makes me smile (and laugh hysterically on the inside).