Wednesday, January 04, 2012

2011 in Review . . .


I'm reading everyone's posts about how many books they read in 2011, and frankly it makes me feel stupid. I have 2 friends who topped the 75 mark, and I have seen a few more in the 40 -50 range. I just want to officially state that I have read 15 books this year. Pathetic.

Also, I sat through a YW presentation last night about goal setting that made me feel inadequate. It seems that 14 year old girls have a better ability of setting and reaching goals than I do.

Basically I feel like 2011 made me look bad.

Here are my highlights:

I gained back 10 of the pounds that I worked so hard to lose.

I feel like my attempts at homeschooling haven't been great. I lost my mojo.

I have been a mediocre friend and am SHOCKED that I have any remaining.



I went to Hawaii and only got in the ocean once due to my fear of fish touching my toes.



I NEVER won the cute contest that was judged 3 times a week for 3 months by my own daughter. I always lost to a CANADIAN.

Went to Lagoon With Erik's Family and didn't go on ANY rides.



I chose to get a REALLY STUPID haircut, and had to spend month pretending that it was cool.

Had a Christmas meltdown.

99% of the posts on this blog have been negative.

Is there ANY hope for me at all???

1 comment:

AMPM said...

The amount of books I read directly coorilates with how much time I spent hiding from the fact that I am unaccomplished in the rest of my life. Maybe your 15 books is a good sign that you spent all of your time.....doing...something?