
I have had a trouble finding time to blog this week, but everyone is still sleeping off the trip, so here goes.

(This will be mostly pictures because I lost all thinking and writing skills somewhere along the way.)
Maui is the MOST beautiful place I have ever been. We had such a great time with my family and I hope this tradition continues FOREVER!!!
We spent the first few days on the beach, and the last few days . . . on the beach. People always ask us if we swam with the dolphins, or went surfing - but we are satisfied much easier. Things in Maui are SUPER expensive and hard to do with little kids. We are very content with eating, laying on the beach and people watching at the pool. The kids love to boogie board and body surf at the Ritz beach. HUGE WAVES! And there is great "kid snorkeling" at the Marriott Resort beach - Just a tip for anyone who is going with limited funds!

We missed Erik's family Thanksgiving back at home which was surprisingly sad - I heard it was amazing! We still had a great meal at Ruth Chris so we got over pretty fast.


Most of the food was good - we ate A LOT. My favorite place to go is the Gazebo. They have the best breakfast in the world if you are willing to wait in line for a while. Erik can always find some gross place with fried spam and rice, I opted for cereal those days.

We checked out the aquarium for educational purposes and did some shopping, but the kids preferred the beach, hands down.

We probably ate a hundred shaved ice's and I still can't figure out how they do it. Even after running a snowie for all those years I will never get it.

I can always find a negative - even in Maui! It was really sad to not have Joey and Suzy's family with us this year. Joey couldn't miss school and Suzy didn't want to be a hero dragging three kids alone. It wasn't nearly as fun without them - for sure.
Wow . . . I can't complain anymore than that.

5 comments:
Is Suzy NUTS?!?! I don't even care, I would have gone with Ryans family and that is saying a lot.
Ok, I take that back. I probably wouldn't have gone without him. I mean let's be honest...I would have made him drop out of school. That sounds much more reasonable.
Agreed.
looks like so much fun! thanks for letting us have suzy and the kids for the week. I'm sure they would have rather been there.
Yay! I made it on your blog. I'm never coming to anything again if it guarantees me a shout out. Just kidding. So really I wanted to come and I can handle three kids alone...even on an airplane. But then I was imagining making everyone else feel weird and uncomfortable. Feeling like they had to invite us along on all their family excursions and not believing that we were totally cool to eat lunchables by the pool everyday. Ya know? And then how fun is it to have awesome Hawaii memories that don't include Joey. Sad. I was super jealous all week, but luckily I got to spend time with the Whitney/Tavoian/Beards and it was seriously awesome. Elyse is my bff.
Post a Comment