
I am pretty sure someone is reading this blog. I'm also sure that some of you are parents, and that a few of you homeschool your kids. I know it's only December, but I live in Utah where it is already FREEZING and will undoubtedly get worse. I also live in a TINY town where there are no natural history museums or planetariums. I remind you of this so that I may pose a question that is probably unanswerable.
WHAT CAN I DO WITH MY KIDS???
Keep in mind the following things:
I am part of a co-op and am responsible for entertaining (teaching) 6-8 kids a few times a month AND my own everyday.
I don't like being cold, so don't suggest nature walks or hiking of any kind.
We have to stick close to home and don't have a community center or anything cool.
I am fully aware that this might make me look like an idiot and probably a bad mom.
Soooooooooooo . . . . PLEASE leave a comment - is that pathetic enough?

5 comments:
Maybe this?
http://www.bedifferentactnormal.com/2011/12/winter-class-party-ideas-snowman-relay.html
Maybe a play with sets and costumes and a typed program and all that stuff which will take up lots of time and effort. Or a puppet show, or a talent show.
I like Aimee's play idea. Miriam likes to put on a circus (lots of jumping off couches) we got your kids some Christmas gifts that will go perfectly with the circus idea. Aren't you excited?
Have you joined Pinterest? Just type in kid indoor play activities and I bet thousands of things will come up. Then you will have a virtual pin board of all the activities you like that you can turn to at any moment.
I totally can't do pintrest. I am scared to start because I will not leave my room for a month. Someday... Thanks for the ideas! I tried the play thing but I think I didn't give it enough structure - it turned into 5 boys in a tree! I will try again, this time with a little more effort.
HI there! I am curious if the homeschool co-op still exists? I found your blog a very long time ago through Suzy. :)
We recently decided to start homeschooling our kids but we live in East Carbon...SO TINY. We dont plan to stay here forever but for the time being...the lack of things to do has been interesting..& not just in homeschooling.
Anyway, if you get a minute & can email me that would be great. :) Thanks in advance.
Aaron Greenwood
beclassified@gmail.com
Post a Comment