
Have I ever told you that my kids HATE Glenn Beck? Example: Today when I turned him on Ali said, "The best Christmas present would be to never have to hear Glenn Becks' voice again."
It could be my fault. As a parent, I hate to disappoint my kids, so I often blame bad news on someone else. Like, "Dad says it's time for bed", or "Grandma said no tattoos". Well a few months ago when Cars 2 came out, I read some reviews and heard it was STUPID. I also heard GB talking about it on his show one day and broke the news to my kids that this was not the show for us due to its demonetization of the oil, gas and mining industries - All of which pretty much keep our little town running. I whole heartedly believed that GB was correct, but the truth is, I didn't want to sit through this waste of a movie. I thought it was long forgotten until we drove past a billboard the other day featuring GB. My kids both began ranting.
As a faithful GB listener and hoarder of food and guns, I was listening again last week and heard some terrible news. The new Muppet's movie has some problems. Disheartened, I tried to ignore him as I often do when he is being crazy, but I heard just enough. The villain in the movie is named "Tex Richman." Obviously he is a rich oilman from Texas who, like most rich oilmen from Texas, hates Muppets, children, poor people and kittens. Josh heard it too. He look at me nervously and asked if I "was going to let GB ruin his life again."
Decision time. Do I let my kids think that GB controls my thoughts or do I tell him the truth? I told him that we could go if he first had a short economics lesson. He agreed, listened, nodded at the proper times, and repeated it all back to me with sufficient understanding. I sent him downstairs to watch an hour of CNN to balance it out and called it good.
Has anyone seen the Muppet's Movie yet? Did I just waste all my time for no good reason?

2 comments:
I don't know anything about kippers or cars 2, but I do know that dr. Laura was the equivalent of GB to me and my brothers. I still hate her, even though she says good stuff sometimes.
I love Glenn beck, but he is crazy sometimes. I started worrying about my mom though when she called him Samuel the Lamanite in modern days. I don't care how true that is, she is a little obsessed
I'm pretty sure YOU aren't going to go, so just send Erik with the kids to torture him. I can't think of a better way to spend 70$ in two hours than seeing a crappy movie at a crappy theater.
Post a Comment