Monday, April 04, 2011

Fin



I love that Erik is so easy to please on his birthday. He just needs food and sleep. When he was a kid he used to ask for the same thing every year - Captain Crunch and a loaf of Wonder Bread. I guess it gave him a break from the cracked wheat and home made wheat bread for a few days. It's hard for me to comprehend a mother like that - one that actually took the time to MAKE food instead of opening a package. Crazy.

Anyway, here's what "WE" did.

I had to wake up super early and sacrifice my Sunday sleep in to make Erik his special "conference breakfast." (He demands muffins. Another thing his mom used to do for him!) I added some other stuff because it was a perfect storm - conference Sunday and his actual birthday rolled into one.



I found a really good recipe for blueberry muffins at "Our Best Bites." Too lazy to link it. As soon as I finished breakfast I started on Dinner - Beef Stew. I found that recipe from the same website - still too lazy to link, but it was delicious.

Took a break, made a cheesecake. YUMMY.



I let him lay down a little, but the sweet guy deep cleaned our bathroom before his party guests arrived. No one cleans a bathroom like him!!!

I think Erik had a good day - he got lots of gift cards and got to spend the evening talking and laughing with family. Exactly the way he likes it. 36 years and counting.

3 comments:

elysebeard said...

I guess you get the best wife of the year award. THREE homemade dishes in one day? Impressive. I see you're reading Water for Elephants. How do you like it? I think I hade a love/hate relationship with that book.

Rass said...

I agree about the book (and the wife of the year award.)
I really liked the book - it was really interesting, but I really hate when a good book is ruined with so much nasty-ness. It made me a little uncomfortable. The end was kind of quirky too, but I think I liked it. Let's drop our weight loss blog and talk about books while we eat cheesecake. I'm doing it now.

Kamie said...

Is Erik for hire to clean my bathrooms?
The food all sounds delicious! You're such a good wife:)