Monday, October 26, 2009

Tiny mistake



I made a tiny parenting mistake this weekend . . . possibly. My first ever.

Ali has been BEGGING me to take her to Odyssey Dance Company's "THRILLER". I explained the risks to her - zombies would be roaming the audience before the show. She looked at me like I was an idiot. "Mom, I know they are just wearing costumes. I WILL NOT be scared. I am not a baby."

The zombies were actually teenagers with ugly make-up, and the moment Ali spotted one she began to sob. She cried for 30 minutes while we waited for the show to start. The zombies actually broke character to try to calm her down. Zombie high fives did not ease her fears.



The moment the show started she calmed down and laughed her head off. It was AMAZING and well worth the tears. I am not really a dance lover, but I enjoyed it all.

My mistake was believing a six year old when she told me she would not be scared of zombies. That was stupid.

No comments: