Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Teaching with TV


(my favorite contestant)

I HATE reality TV, but The Biggest Loser still makes it onto my DVR every September. I totally forgot about it last night and was so excited to see 2 FULL HOURS waiting for me when I got home.

My new plan this year is to watch it with my kids. I will use THE BIGGEST LOSER as a teaching tool. Since I will be watching it anyway, we might as well count it as quality time together.

Josh and Ali were totally fascinated by it for different reasons. Josh liked watching what people were eating before they came to the ranch. (The show likes to humiliate its contestants by showing them gorging in slow motion. I don't know if they make these videos for the show, or if these are the only movies they could find of themselves. I guarantee there is no footage of me eating anywhere - and if there is it will be destroyed!!) Josh has become quite the little eater himself so I think he can relate on some level. He worries me a little so I think this show may cure him of his chicken and waffle problem.

Ali also has weight issues. She is a typical skinny girl who is already worried about getting fat. So far it's just talk - she still eats what she wants and watches enormous amounts of TV - but it's a little worrisome. She obsesses a lot more about my weight than her own of course. I think this show will benefit Ali by making her believe that I am a lot skinnier that she thought I was.

I have a few other shows coming back this week. The question is, how can I use 30 Rock as a teaching tool?

4 comments:

Shauntel said...

So let me just say that Jordan Landing has the best chicken and waffle restaraunt ever. It's called the Red Rooster and I love it. Nothing wrong with chicken and waffles.

Rass said...

THAT IS THE PLACE!!!! Josh loves it!

suzy said...

30 Rock can teach a lot of stuff. Poor english ("I want to go to there."), racism, laziness, sexual harassment, etc.
I took down the porno shot. I didn't know you were gonna show your mom. So no to the head swapping? The very last family pic is not good of Josh, but I thought it was one of your best. So if you don't like how you look we won't bother with head swapping. Erik is a good sport, we will just do it again soon. And then the kids won't have to do singles and they will be happy.

tookiecramer said...

Thank goodness TV is back on. I'm me again.