
Unbelievable News: I am very annoyed today.
County living is sweet. Not Country living, County living. We live about 5 minutes outside of the bustling city center - away from the crime, the chaos and the craziness of small town USA. I have always wondered how those silly Salt Lake folks do it. How do you spend your life in a smelly car with rowdy kids everyday? A ten mile trip takes 30 minutes!!! I got a little taste of it today!
Did my town get an extra scoop of "stimulus" money or what? Every street in this town is ripped to shreds. You literally cannot drive 2 miles without seeing a toothless woman holding a "slow" sign. My five minute commute tripled today - and I had to make it 8 times.
Issue #2.
Have you seen the most inappropriate commercial of all time? It's the new Halls Refresh commercial. I have never wanted to complain about something so badly. Why are they trying to sell sex with middle aged women to young boys? Are advertisers really becoming this lazy? No more subliminal messages, just go straight for the "sex with my friends' mom" thing. EWWWW.

Finally . . .
This has a little to do with #2. Are advertisers becoming so lazy that they no longer need to hide their evil marketing ploys?
"Let's stop playing this game - just put the Mountain Dew and Doritos in the toy aisle. That way the little fatso's won't have to waste anytime walking." This became a little sadder when I noticed all the people loading up and saying OUT LOUD how much better it was having "all this stuff together."

2 comments:
My mom said the same thing about the roads, all of them ripped up and she can't remember that they were even bad.
I get more and more upset with commercials! That pop in the candy isle is a kicker...I am in shock! I was really upset with my Family Fun magazine this month as well. They had a full page ad with Gisele (sp?) dressed as a sexy milk maid for Halloween (milk ad)...for crying out loud can my 5 year old look at a kid magazine without being pressured into being sexy??
I could gripe all day about this.
YA!!! I saw that ad. Ali pointed it out and asked if she could buy that costume for Halloween!!! Crazy.
Post a Comment