Saturday, June 28, 2008

How did he know?



Kids can be so cruel, unintentionally of course. Like when Ali see's a nutri system commercial she always says, "Mom, you should really eat those." Or when Josh said to Ali yesterday, "Ali, don't feel bad. Mom is just different than other moms." I can totally handle harmless little comments, even when I asked Josh if different meant better and he said no. But how do some kids know how to cut right to the bone?

Example: A neighbor child who will remain nameless saw me pulling out of the driveway and started riding along side the car yelling something. I couldn't quite make it out so I stuck my head out the window and heard him chanting, "There goes akward Kelly, akward Kelly is going, Josh's mom is akward Kelly. Erik was sitting next to me laughing and quipped, "I bet it's been a long time since you heard that."

(I heard it a lot the day this picture was taken. See if you can find akward Kelly.)

6 comments:

Randi said...

I love games, kind of like where's waldo right?? That's ok you still look cute even though it looks like your wearing just a bath towel. Maybe you should show Ali that picture then she can see how cute she'll be one day.

Elisa said...

Everyone is awkward in sarongs, especially bath towel ones. You can't tell me the boy yelling that isn't awkward...I have seen Josh's friends, they are still growing into their limbs and heads.

Sarah said...

Why are you facing the wrong way? Or is your head on backward? That really looks akward, why doesn't your towel cover your chest? Is that why you are facing the back?

suzy said...

I can't even think of a single thing to say because I am laughing so hard. And I think you made that up because no one would really say that. If it's true though, I am not leaving the house anymore. I don't want to know what people think of me.
Seriously I might poop my pants.

suzy said...

It doesn't stress me out too much anymore. As long as you want outdoor cause I don't have the right lighting still for my studio and I need a new backdrop and I still have to paint the windows. So I guess that would stress me out. Do you want family ones or just ones of the kids??

suzy said...

Oh yeah, are Steve and Kara coming too? Cause I have 7 rooms at the Fairfield and I don't want to cancel one just in case cause they are all booked.