
The past few days have really worn me down - ok the past 30 years, really. I HATE it when people say REALLY rude things and act like they are asking legitimate questions or making real conversation. My all time favorites from my own life include: "Wow! How did you get TWO black eyes??" or "How far along are you??" (That one is only rude when I am NOT pregnant.)

So yesterday Erik asked me if I was trying to look like a Beatle. Not the bug, the band. This is after I had been in public ALL DAY. He then asked if I could "please go fix it." Ok. In his defense, he clarified that it looked nothing like Ringo's. Anyway,It's just Erik and I already know he hates my new haircut, so I moved on.

But today at church it happened again. I went a little wild and wore a CRAZY shirt. I knew it was crazy when an older gentleman came up to me afterwords to see if I was holding a cat. When he saw it was just my shirt, he repeated the fact that he thought I had been cradling an adorable kitten throughout the meeting. He loves cats.
Even though I KNOW that shirt is hip and that my haircut is cutting edge, I feel like hiding under my covers today. Cradling a kitten and listening to "I am the walrus."

4 comments:
Why didn't I see you at church today. I want to see the so called "crazy" shirt.
Next week, bring a real cat to cradle.
Price ain't ready for your cutting edge fashion. People who are stuck in the 70s just can't grasp it. I can't wait to see your new hair!
It would have been worse if George thought you were cradling a cat on your head.
Koo Koo Kahoo aka Goo Goo G'joob
I really did see a guy bring a cat to church once.
Post a Comment