Thursday, July 15, 2010

Holding out for a Hottie



For some reason Josh & I were having a conversation about Tiger Woods the other day. His named came across the radio and Josh, with his new found love for golf, began praising his mad skills. I informed him that although Tiger is indeed a great golfer, he also happens to be a despicable human being. I gave him the lowdown on the situation in 9 year old terms.

I waited for the awkward questions that I would no doubt have to answer, but instead I got the following:

Josh: So he's a cheater.

Mom: Yep

Josh: Hmmmmm . . . So what if when I am older I am dating two girls.

Mom: You should date as many girls as you can. As long as . . . ( Josh interrupts)

Josh: Well, what if I decide they are both too ugly and I want to go out with a hot girl instead. Is that cheating?

Mom: Its kind of rude, but . . .

Josh: Or maybe they are too fat. Or they could be too skinny . . . (I think he knew he was about to get slapped right before he added that one.)

Mom: As long as you're not married you should go with whoever you like. . . I guess . . . but once you say I do, you better just pretend like she's not fat or ugly. Just figure out how to live with it.

I am SO bad at this parenting stuff. I apologize in advance to anyone he hurts later.

1 comment:

tookiecramer said...

That's what we all really want for our kids...true love and then once that goes away, they will figure out how to live with it!