Even the smallest tasks seem mountainous to me lately.
I have no problem admitting to being a very spoiled person. Case in point: for the last 4 years I have had a wonderful lady (Nancy) washing and IRONING all of my clothes. A few months ago she had a medical emergency and was hospitalized for QUITE a while. In the meantime, we had to close our laundromat. BOO.
Fast forward through our stress filled summer - full of CHANGE and ADJUSTMENT.
I decided that getting out of the house had to happen for me. I kept getting to the end of my day realizing that I had not been outside. AT ALL.
I applied for a job and laughed my way out of the interview, realizing that I could not have been less qualified. I pouted for a while, but tried again. I got the next job, but was faced with the terrifying truth - I DON'T KNOW WHAT I AM DOING. I'm ok with it.
I am working 3 hours a day and it is KILLING me. How do women do this?? Admittedly, I am only functioning at about 50% of my normal self, but I'm only working 50% of a regular work day, so shouldn't this balance? I have now decided that I proved to myself that I CAN wear khakis. I am fulfilled.
But I miss Nancy, and I miss clean laundry.
Now after listening to this spoiled girl whine about her very difficult life, I must share my weekend photos. Claire was baptized on Saturday with her cousin, Sophie. What an awesome day!! We had the church all to ourselves, and were surrounded by our amazing friends & family. Take it all in ...












1 comment:
Such beautiful girls. I love it! Also, it looks like josh is checking out my very ornery looking sister. ;).
Post a Comment