Josh asked me today, "What does in a nutshell mean?" Well, Josh - here is a good example of putting all in a nutshell.
When I last left you, Claire had just turned 7 . . .
Halloween was kinda boring this year. I should have appreciated the cuteness of all 3 kids getting dressed up to trick or treat with Erik while I manned the front door. Now Josh is too cool, and the other two don't think its fun to trick or treat with dad. In the meantime, I was too tired to keep answering the door. Blegh.
Then came something we look forward to for two solid years in between trips. Hawaii. . . My love.
The night before our flight left, I started to get sick. I knew it and tried to fight it as long as I could, knowing it would ruin the trip if I ended up in the hospital. I ended up in the ER anyway, and cried all night knowing I would miss the flight. It was the most stressful hospital stay so far. I also have to say, anyone looking forward to ObamaCare is in for a surprise. The bureaucracy we endured with this hospital was ridiculous and endless. I can't wait to see how smoothly things go when the government becomes involved. I digress. . .
My family was so brave - they took my kids to Hawaii without us, and the children were THRILLED. They had 2 whole days without mom telling them to stay away from the waves and to stop eating candy bars.
I had to spend the night in the hospital and we were cleared for travel 2 days late . . . HELLO QUIET PLANE RIDE!!! I felt so good the rest of the trip and we were able to enjoy some R&R - and the best pie I've ever had.
| My two favorite boys. |
| PCC |
| Had to hit the disney breakfast buffet. Worth it. |
| Great Beaches |
| Somehow we managed to get all the grand kids together. |
Came home to FREEZING temperatures and started the countdown for next time.
So, Josh is in Jr. High which is so crazy. He wants funny haircuts, and certain shoes and LOVES band.
It makes me laugh because he is me. I loved Jr. High band, and I loved playing the saxophone. See if you can find him in this picture . . .
I can't believe Ali will be here next year.
I'm old . . . My dad is older. I had to share this picture because there aren't many out there!
And then there was Christmas. I already forgot what everyone got, I just remember that it was quiet and low key. I choose to forget the parts that weren't so good!
This is the first year we haven't had a Christmas card, but I was too tired to care.
Too many bad days in December.
| One of the sweetest moments was Claire and Grandma singing together on Christmas Eve. |
| And who can forget fondu New Years Eve?? And now skipping ahead to this. . . Dance season has begun and I can't stand the cuteness!!! |

No comments:
Post a Comment