Sunday, October 27, 2013

What The Fox Says

I finally figured it out. 
Instagram is like a mini blog. 
It makes me feel like my life is being documented - in photographic form - without all the writing. 
It has been the downfall of this blog. Mystery solved.

But since I would eventually like to make some sort of book from this blog, I will continue to dazzle you.

First, Claire turned 7. It makes me sad because I still haven't lost that baby weight. It's funny that the older my kids get, the more time they want to spend with me - alone.

Claire's dream day included painting pottery and shopping - BY HERSELF. No siblings to make faces at her, or to tell her that she is doing something wrong. She was the ideal companion. She wanted to do whatever I wanted to do, as long as it was just us. Obviously I took advantage of the situation and we had a great time.



A few things to mention about Claire. 
She is adorable. 
She is always on the move! All the kids have pedometers, and its not uncommon for her to top 25,000 steps in a day. 
She loves sports, but also loves being girly. 
She loves to laugh.
She loves to cry.
She will always be my baby.

















We also saw he end of an era this month. Josh played his FINAL football game. Despite all of my pleas, he insists that he will never play again. I guess I just need to face the fact that my son does not enjoy violence. It's a sad truth. He also played the last year with a serious case of plantar fasciitis. All of the limping finally makes sense. Luckily for my ego, he made the honor roll and is an FCCLA officer at his new jr. high.



Is this starting to sound like one of those annoying Christmas cards yet? I guess I'll keep going then.

We had a great trip to St. George with Erik's family. It goes on my memorable list because we rarely vacation together - something we need to change! I wasn't feeling my best, so we didn't get to do a ton of  stuff, but Starlight Express was AWESOME! Lots of great memories for the kids.


I am purposely skipping Ali again since she is the middle child. Also because all of her pictures are on another camera. I'm sure she will have plenty to tell her therapist. 

On the not so professional front, Erik's gym is FINALLY open! He has more clients than he can handle, but is happier than I have ever seen him, He gets to live at the gym, and people think he is a stud. It's a dream come true.

Finally on the depressing health front, nothing new! I have probably felt worse these last three months than I ever thought I would. On the days that I do feel good, I try to do everything I can to catch up because I know it won't last. I am constantly learning new things about PSC, but I have to learn them on my own. It has been so frustrating to go to another dr. appointment just to hear that no one knows the answer. As of my last appointment, things will get worse - maybe fast, maybe slow. I won't have good days, and I will feel horrible. Every time I get sick it will take me longer and longer to get better, which I just experienced with the flu.
 I get emotional sometimes because I am deflated. I believe in miracles, and I know anything is possible, but right now my treatment plan is to manage symptoms until I am bad enough to get on the transplant list. My doctor finally talked about the process I will have to go through for the first time at my last appointment and it hit me hard. I keep thinking it will go away.
I continue to be grateful for all of the prayers I have received. I have seen people come through AMAZING things over the last few months, and I know I have been strengthened by you.

Now go listen to that annoying fox song. You know you want to.

1 comment:

Sara said...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MUbUR5VGUdg&feature=youtube_gdata_player
It's his favorite! You are amazing Kelly! I admire your strength! I love you tons! Sending you prayers daily!!